Blog

TUPAC'S MUCH ANTICIPATED BIOPIC TO BE RELASED MID 2017

tupacA long-awaited biopic on slain rap legend Tupac Shakur is set for release in mid-2017, the film production company said Tuesday.

All Eyez On Me, named after the title of one of Tupacs albums, will come out in US theaters on June 16, which would have been the rappers 46th birthday, Summit Entertainment said.

The movie project was announced nearly six years ago with previous participants to include John Singleton, a director closely linked with hip-hop culture whose previous films included 1993s Poetic Justice, a drama starring Tupac and Janet Jackson.

But the film underwent a series of personnel changes and missed a goal of release in time for the 20th anniversary of Tupacs still murky 1996 killing in Las Vegas.

All Eyez on Me was ultimately led by veteran music video director Benny Boom. Tupac will be played by little-known actor Demetrius Shipp, Jr., whose father was a producer for Tupac.

While Shipp has no major acting credits, a trailer for All Eyez on Me showed that he has a startling physical resemblance to Tupac, who was slender with an expressive, mustachioed face.

Why I took on this role is to give people a side of him that they never had. To really get a great understanding of him and his life, and why things ended up the way they did, Shipp told hip-hop magazine XXL last year.

Tupac, who died at age 25, remains one of the most influential figures in hip-hop, retaining a global following for his emotionally intense lyricism and theatrical flair.

All Eyez On Me will come out two years after the box-office success of Straight Outta Compton, the biopic of another major Southern California hip-hop outfit, gangsta rappers N.W.A.

Source: capitalfm.co.ke

SPICE GIRLS COMEBACK BLOCKED BY VICTORIA BECKHAM

spicegirlsVictoria Beckham has reportedly blocked her Spice Girls bandmates Mel B, Emma Bunton and Geri Horner from going on a potential reunion tour by banning them from performing their old songs.

The 42-year-old fashion designer has reportedly called on her lawyers to block her bandmates Mel B, Emma Bunton and Geri Horner from performing the groups classic tracks.

A source said: The girls are devastated. It is an extremely sad way for things to end Victoria was a huge part of their lives and now she is using lawyers to block their comeback.

Victoria is proud of her Spice Girls history but this suggests she wants to cut all links with the group which transformed her life. She is resorting to aggressive legal letters and it is an extremely sad way for things to end after all they have been through together.

And Victoria who has sons Brooklyn, 17, Romeo, 14, and Cruz, 11, and daughter Harper, 5, with her husband David Beckham was said to be concerned that the groups legacy could be damaged by any new music.

A source added to The Sun newspaper: It became a concern that if the remaining members started mixing classic hits with new songs that were not up to much it would damage their legacy.

Victoria takes herself very seriously now and didnt want to have an association with this project which she felt she would if they sang the classic songs and marketed themselves as the Spice Girls.

She got lawyers involved as she has a writing credit on the hits and co-owns the companies which control the bands legacy and finances.

An insider shared: Geris priorities have changed. Her baby is due later this year and rather than force a reunion, shes needs to concentrate on more personal matters.

Getting all the girls in the studio at the same time proved a tough task. What they needed was one main boss-style figure to pull the strings otherwise they would be constantly in limbo.

Source: capitalfm.co.ke

Page 1 of 27

Email Address: